Positive Displacement Pump
A positive displacement pump makes a fluid move by trapping a fixed amount and displacing that trapped volume into the discharge pipe. Some positive displacement pumps use an expanding cavity on the suction side and a decreasing cavity on the discharge side.
The benefit of a positive displacement pump is that the volume of liquid is constant for each operational cycle.
There are many benefits of positive displacement pumps for varying applications.
- Positive Displacement pumps are sometimes called constant-volume pumps because they maintain a constant speed and flow. Even if the system pressure varies, the flow remains constant.
- Positive Displacement pumps can handle a variety of fluid types: high, low and variable viscosity; shear sensitive fluids; solids; and liquids with a high percentage of air or gas entrainment.
- Their capacity is not affected by the operation pressure.
- They can be more efficient than centrifugal pumps when handling viscous fluids.
- Positive Displacement pumps are able to self-prime.
- They can be designed as a sealless pump.
Positive displacement pumps have a wide variety of applications within industrial processing markets such as:
- chemical processing
- bulk transfer
Environmental Water Solutions offers sales, service, and repair to Positive Displacement Pump from the following manufacturers:
Developers, manufacturers and marketers of the Double Disc pump for the municipal, industrial and chemical industries since 1980.
Leistritz is a manufacturer of positive displacement and rotary screw pumps that serve the demands of airspace, energy, shipbuilding, industrial processing, and crude oil and gas production.
Liberty is a leading US manufacturer of pumping products for ground water and wastewater removal in commercial applications. Liberty’s wide range of pump styles includes; sump pumps, sewage pumps, effluent pumps, drain pumps, grinder pumps, and complete pre-assembled sewage packages.
Viking is a leader in the world of positive displacement pumps for use in some of the toughest applications. Their products are utilized in nearly every industry; military, to food and beverage, to chemicals, fuels and plastics – reliably pumping materials that are thin, thick, hot, cold, liquid, solid, etc.
Aqua specializes in water pumps and water treatment. With a wide selection of well pumps and tanks for deep or shallow wells Aqua also carries a complete line of submersible and jet pumps, water filters, and supplies.
Consult with an Engineer
Call or message us today to learn how partnering with EWS can make your project a reliable success.